“We”, “our” or “us” means Eme Bassey. For the purposes of data protection law, we are a data controller in respect of your personal data. We collect and use your personal data as described below. We are responsible for ensuring that we use your personal data in compliance with data protection law.
If you have any questions about this notice, about how we process personal data or about your rights over your personal data, you can contact us via our contact us page in the first instance.
This notice applies to personal data we receive from customers to create your listings, process payments, communicate with you about listings, products, services, promotional offers and updates to our customer records.
It is important that you take the time to read this notice so that you understand how we will use your personal data and your rights in relation to your personal data.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Eme Bassey of 6 Brocket Close, Chigwell IG7 4ET, London, United Kingdom.
Personal data that we collect about you
In order to provide our customers with the best possible experience, we use information we collect about you in a number of ways, including providing the services that you have requested, offering you a personalised experience and informing you about our special events and new products, so that we can offer the best possible experience. We will also contact you to notify you of changes to your listings or if we have a query about your business.
Information you give us
We use the information about you that you provide to us, including the information that you provide when registering to use sections of our website (such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and any other information or updates to your information that you provide to us when corresponding with us (by phone, e-mail or otherwise).
Information we collect or generate about you
When you submit information to us, we may use this information to interact with and provide services to you.
We may also receive information from other sources for the above purposes.
We may monitor and retain any and all communications (which may include the information received by a third party appointed by us), including facsimile, email and other electronic communications with you, for the purposes of providing services to you and/or otherwise in order to comply with applicable law.
We generate data for internal analysis and research
How we use your personal data
We may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with services you request
- to send you updates on your orders
- to allow third parties to provide you with updates on the delivery of your order
- to send you marketing and communication information by email, or post, about our new products and services
- to comply with our obligations under applicable law;
- to monitor and improve our websites and services and/or for internal analysis and research.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
We process your personal data pursuant to the following legal bases:
(i) where necessary for the purpose of our legitimate business interests, which includes:
- the provision of services to you, including the sending and receipt of communications in relation thereto and/or carrying out obligations arising in connection with processing customer orders;
- compliance with legal and regulatory obligations (including applicable laws, rules and regulations outside of the European Union and requests or requirements of competent authorities);
- contacting you with email updates in relation to services we provide;
- generating data for internal analysis and research (including monitoring and improving our websites and services);
- marketing Eme Bassey offers and services, including event invitations and the sending of newsletters; and
- keeping a record of what individuals are interested in hearing about from us.
(ii) where you have separately consented for us to use your personal data to send you specific email updates and communications (by opting-in to such email updates/ communications).
You have the right to object to processing under (i), and you may cancel your subscription under (ii), at any time by emailing us at email@example.com and requesting the same.
Sharing your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to third party service providers in the circumstances described below:
- to facilitate the provision of services to you;
- to conduct and/or improve our business development activities;
- to ensure the safety and security of our data (and that of third parties, including data vendors and other data sources); and
- as part of our internal research and statistical analysis activity.
We will take steps to ensure that the personal data is accessed only by personnel that have a need to do so for the purposes described in this notice.
We may also share your personal data with third parties:
- to third party agents or contractors (for example, the providers of our electronic data storage services) for the purposes of providing services to us; and
- Third parties will be subject to confidentiality requirements and they will only use your personal data as described in this notice.
We may also share your personal data with third parties (including, without limitation, regulatory, governmental, judicial and other bodies or authorities of competent jurisdiction) to the extent required by applicable law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
How long we keep your personal data
How long we hold your personal data for will vary. The retention period will be determined by various criteria including:
- the purpose for which we are using it – we will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose (for example, to communicate with you in respect of our services for so long as you remain a recipient of such services); and/or
- legal and regulatory obligations – applicable laws, rules or regulations may set a minimum period for which we have to store your personal data.
You have a number of rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. These rights include:
- the right to object to our processing of your personal data where we process your personal data pursuant to our legitimate business interests. Please note that there may be circumstances where you object to our processing of your personal data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal data and access to the personal data which we hold about you;
- the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your personal data if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so;
- the right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal data but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator (details of which are provided below) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contact us” section. You can find out more information about your rights by contacting the data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner, or by searching their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We keep this notice under regular review. Any changes we make to this notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this notice.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this notice or personal data that we may hold about you:
You can write to us at Eme Bassey, 6, Brocket Close, Chigwell IG7 4ET United Kingdom
What Are Cookies?
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called upon whenever you interact with a page.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
As we, at some point, may sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. If you are still looking for more information, you can contact us